The International Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute ( ITI – UNESCO) decided the International Dance Day to be celebrated every year on the 29th of April, in 1982.The date commemorates the birthday of Jean – Georges Noverre,who was born in 1727 and is considered to have been a great reformer of dance.
World Dance Day 2018 was celebrated by the West Bengal Dance Group Federation with the following activities
- Dance Workshop in Indian Contemporary Dance Style
Conducted by : Smt.Sangeeta Sharma,Director,’Anveshana Society for Performing Arts’, New Delhi, from April 23rd to 28th.,2018
Venue : Udayan Kalakendra ( Dance Institution of Mamata Shankar Dance Company),318/C,Prantik Palli,Rajdanga,Kasba,Kol.700107
2.Schedule on Sunday April 29th.2018 – 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Venue : Rabindra Sadan
- Inauguration : Guru’s, Eminent Choreographers & Dignitaries
- Presentation : Workshop participants – Choreographer- Sangeeta Sharma
- Performances by Eminent Dance Groups of West Bengal
- Vote of Thanks.
Groups performing on WORLD DANCE DAY 2018 AT Rabindra Sad
- SUBHANGIK,2. HRITAAL,3. DANCER’S GUILD
- BRAHMA KAMAL,5. MAMATA SHANKAR DANCE COMPANY
- BHABNA DANCE TROUPE,7. JALSA CHANDRA PERFORMING TROUPE
- KAJRI,9. NRITTYODOY,10. KALAPI,11. TRINTINI DANCE RESEARCH CENTRE,12. KRISHTI SRIRANGAM,13. BELUR SINJINI,14. GOBARDANGA SR