With this coconut milk hair mask, you can put an end to your battle with dry, damaged hair. This DIY hair mask will provide your tresses with the required hydration and nourishment. We all want strong, silky, and shiny hair. In reality, no one wants their hair to be dry and ruined. Unfortunately, our hair is not always cooperative. Also, minor neglect can result in frizz, injury, and dryness. If your hair has been in this state for some time, it indicates that it needs moisture and nourishment.
Moisture deficiency also causes hair to lose its sheen, making it seem frizzy, lifeless, and dull. Furthermore, such hair care habits as frequent washing, using harsh materials, undergoing chemical therapies, and styling the hair with heat-based devices such as curling rods or straightening irons will also lead to dry hair. The good thing is that you can fix all of your hair problems using items you already have at home. Natural treatments are the only way to tackle the issue of dry hair. Coconut milk is the most effective gharelu nuskhe for profoundly hydrating your hair and scalp.
- Here are some of the reasons why this homemade hair mask will help your dry and damaged hair:
- Coconut milk contains lauric acid, which can infiltrate the hair shaft.
- It contains vitamins and minerals that nourish your scalp and hair profoundly.
- Coconut milk is also high in protein, which helps to support hair development and protects the roots.
- It can help with scalp conditions such as dandruff due to its moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It also helps to increase blood pressure in the scalp.
- It contains vitamin E, which protects your hair from free radical damage. Calcium, which is found in coconut milk, is an essential mineral for maintaining the strength of your hair.
- The following are the ingredients required to make a coconut hair mask:
- 1 coconut
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Here’s how to make this hair mask:
While canned coconut milk is available in the market, homemade coconut milk is preferable because it is natural and fresh.
Step 1: Grate a fresh coconut to obtain the milk.
Step 2: Bring a cup of water to a boil, then add the grated coconut. Allow it to soak for 5-10 minutes.
Step 3: Squeeze the milk into a bowl with a muslin cloth.
Step 4: Freeze the milk overnight so it can be used the next day.
Step 5: Combine the coconut milk with honey and olive oil. Incorporate both components.
Step 6: Allow it to sit for 5 minutes before applying it to your hair.
- Here’s how to use coconut milk on your hair:
First, steam your hair. This would aid in the opening of the scalp’s pores and the absorption of the hair mask. Soak a cotton ball in coconut milk. Using this cotton ball, apply the milk to your scalp. Massage it on the scalp for 5-7 minutes. Wait for 30 minutes before rinsing it off. Wash the hair with lukewarm water and with a gentle shampoo.
So, there you have it, girls! To hydrate dry and damaged hair, try this homemade hair mask.
Text by: Adrita Roy, IBTN9