A New AC rake with state-of-the-art features arrived today at Noapara Car Shed from Integral Coach Factory, Perambur. The Metro commuters can now enjoy a more comfortable ride in this new rake.
The rake has the following new features:
- Wider vestibules for better air circulation in all coaches.
- AC ducting along the seat for uniform cooling.
- Roof mounted package unit (RMPU) along the side of the coaches so that there is no water leakage from the roof of the train.
- Primary and Secondary suspension with rubber springs to ensure jerk free comfortable ride.
- Communication based train controlling system where the motorman will control all the train operations from his cabin.
- Seats are made of FRP sheets (Fire retardant polymer sheets) which are fire proof).
- Regenerative braking system in which the energy generated during braking will be directly fed into the third rail.
- At present, the heat is expelled into the tunnel making it hot.
- There will be 8 LCD Passenger Communication Display Panels in each coach.
(Presently, there are three in each coach)
- There will be four emergency talkback systems in each coach where a passenger can talk to the motorman by pressing a button in case of an emergency. Presently, there are two in each coach.