The recent survey findings by foodpanda on the online sea food ordering trend by foodpanda threw some interesting facts forward and indicates that non-coastal areas order more sea food online. The average ordering value of sea food varied between INR 1500 to INR 2400, which is much higher than the average ordering value of other cuisines. Sea food is preferred during dinner time as most of the sea food orders were placed between 7 PM – 9 PM. Sea food ordered during winters is three folds than in summers.
Some of the key findings are:
- Indians are not so experimentative with their choice and stick with the tried and tested options like Fish Tikkas, Curries, and Biryani
- People like to order fish and prawns. Other sea food options like Squid, Crab, oysters does not find many takers.
- Interestingly, coastal regions are not amongst the top five regions to order sea food online. Non-coastal regions like Bangalore and Hyderabad in South India leads.
- Andhra and Goan sea food cuisines are relished by people. Apollo Fish, Fish Biryani, Prawns Biryani and Fish Fry are some of the most ordered options.
- Amongst the sea food options, curries take a back seat and dry dishes are preferred more. Only Fish curry makes it to the list amidst all dry options
- Goa, Kerala and West Bengal do not order sea food online despite one of the major consumption of sea food there.
foodpanda makes the process of ordering food for delivery fuss-free, fast and fun. With menus from 12000+ restaurants across 200+ cities in India available on its cutting edge app & website, foodpanda, along with its partner brands Tastykhana.in & JustEat.in, is helping people discover and order great food every day.